Metallurgical Research Institute (MRI)
About the Institute
The Metallurgical Research Institute (MRI) undertakes research and development in mining, metallurgical, materials, foundry and other forming technologies, and to develop and commercialize a portfolio of bankable projects in the specialized area of metallurgy.
The Goals of the Institute
- Providing technical consultancy and training services to the mining and metallurgical industry.
- Assaying and analytical services for base, minor, platinum group metals (PGMs) and precious metals, ferro-alloys, coals and metallurgically complex (refractory) ores and concentrates.
- Pre-feasibility and due diligence studies in mineral and extractive metallurgy projects.
- Metallurgical accounting, process audits, trouble-shooting and optimization of mineral processing circuits
- Value addition processing and beneficiation of local mineral and energy resources
- Development, production and supply of mining, mineral processing, automotive and agricultural equipment and spares.
- Development and production of refractories.
The MRI consists of five departments as listed below:
For Further Information Contact:
The Director, MRI
Tel: + 263-4-860321/9